Monday 22 April 2013

Eval Q2

How effective is the COMBINATION of your main and ancillary texts?

Trailer:


Front Cover:

Billboard:

My 3 ancillaries are connected because they have the same branding of E4, whether it is the logo or information saying when it is on. They all contain the same characters which is conveyed more due to the same costumes being worn. Also, the captions on my front cover and poster connote lies and cheating to tie them together. 
The genre of my soap is Social Realism. These texts that I produced show that due to the costumes which look like regular clothes, not expensive suits and dresses. The location in the background of my poster shows part of Manchester, in just the street, not a club or bar full of fancy and expensive drinks and meals. 



My Front Cover matches the genre of magazine because I used and developed on codes and conventions on these covers of "TV & Satellite Week". I used similar photography as the "Upstairs, Downstairs" cover and the 3 picture box on the "Doctor Who" cover. I also used a similar layout to both as opposed to the "organised chaos" or "trashy" look of other soap magazines such as "Inside Soap".









No comments:

Post a Comment